Sunday, October 21, 2012

New York is....

NOT LA.

I just spent the last 2 weeks in NY and Chicago.  Exhausted does not even start to express how I feel! But do you know what does? FULL! (And if inneedofafootmassage was a word, THAT would be the primary feeling!)

I went with my brother to visit my sister in NY and at one point we literally thought someone had stolen our cards! ....then we realized that it was all food....that we had eaten....-awkward-

We really ate our way through NY though! From the original Halal Guys (who had remarkable gyro and chicken bowls) to Magnolia Bakery (with unforgettable red velvet cheesecake and a banana pudding to die for) and every stop in between!

We definitely went to just about every major stop and all the famous neighborhoods.  We even had a chance to see Paul Rudd preform on Broadway! It was amaaaazing!

But CHICAGO! CHI CITY! That's is what I call "vacation"! All the glitz and glam of NY without all the crazy hustle and bustle....(and they have Magnolia Bakery too)! We enjoyed two night at The Hyatt right by the lake and two more nights downtown at The Intercontinental. Ugh!  The Michael Jordan Steakhouse was IN OUR HOTEL! Can you say "room service"? We sure did!! (The garlic bread with blue cheese fondue sauce is so good it should be on bucket lists!)

Well, pictures are soon to come! For now I have to get back to baking. I have prep work to do for The O.C. Chocolate Festival and Zaarly is sending over a photographer to get pictures of my baking on Tuesday! Busy, BUSY week ahead!

I hope your goes as well as mine!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment